Sunday, July 6, 2014

Republic of the Philippines
Province of Ilocos Sur
Municipality of Sta. Catalina
July 7, 2014

Republic of the Philippines
MalacaƱang Palace
President
Benigno Aquino III

Mr. President

Warm greetings Sir!
First of all I would like to introduce myself. I’m Charizza Mae Reclusado, from Cabaroan Sta. Catalina Ilocos Sur. I’m a student of Ilocos Sur National High School.
As a student I may not know all about politics. But Sir, I’m aware and worried about the Sand mining here in Sta. Catalina Beach. The sand and sea walls  are drowning , the water at the beach are getting closer to the roads, hotels and houses. I'm worried because the Sta. Catalina beach is not safe anymore. Many people don't want to swim their because it's too dangerous for them. Many fishermen are complaining because the fishes are dying cause by Sand mining.
I heard that they already wrote three letters to you Sir. So far, the place has not responded yet. Sand mining is illegal, residents have been complaining of subsidence, a gradual caving in or sinking of an area of land and coastal erosion. 


Sincerely yours,
Charizza Mae Reclusado  

No comments:

Post a Comment